This ancient well is cut into a deep rock. There are 375 steps leading down to the bottom of the well. Visitors can walk down this staircase which leads to a spring. The spring feeds the area and surrounding villages.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Detailed Description About the Tour
The Tour starts with a visit to Shobak Castle, located in the center of Jordan along the King’s Highway. Perched in a wild, remote landscape, Shobak Castle wins over even the most castle-weary visitor, despite being less complete than its sister fortification at Karak. It’s especially imposing when seen from a distance, as it sits on a dramatic hill (formerly called Mons Realis, or the Royal Mountain). The surrounding landscape is dry and rough but nevertheless very interesting. The region in central Jordan between Dana, Shobak and Petra is nested in a very unique ecosystem. Therefore, it offers stunning landscapes and an interesting as well as challenging terrain for cycling.
Visiting Al-Shobak Castle
Walking around the castle is quite interesting and it actually has a secret tunnel that you can climb in. It is usually also not very crowded. The ruins are not in best condition but you can definitively imagine the old buildings. Very interesting are also the views of the surrounding hills with their titled lines.
Cycling to Little Petra
After visiting the castle, you will cycle in a unique environment between hills, trees until reaching the small sister of Jordan’s most famous highlight. Make sure to not miss the Smallest Hotel in the world. From there ride will go downhill for most parts until reaching Little Petra.
Visiting Little Petra
Little Petra is only a few minutes drive away from the Petra visitor center in Wadi Musa. It is essentially a smaller version and showcases small facades carved into stone similar to the well-known treasury. Little Petra was established as a stopover for caravans traveling through the country. You have the possibility to walk through a siq-like landscape and explore the different facades. Little Petra takes probably 1 hour to visit and it also marks the start of the back hike into Petra.
No details found.
- Meet & Assist at Amman Airport.
- Individual transfer from/to Amman Airport.
- Watter Bottle
- Meals (as indicated)
- local English-speaking guide
- Cycling guide / mechanic for cycling days who cycles with the group.
- Support cycling truck for cycling days.
- Bike (Scott Aspect 740 27,5″ or Sub cross 30) and helmet hire on cycling days.
- Snack breaks on cycling days
- Accommodation as per itinerary, sharing in a twin room with another member of the group of the same gender. (A supplement applies for a single room, available on request).
- Airport drop off
- Tips for service providers (drivers, guides, camping/ hotel staff, etc.).
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol drinks.
- Visa fees
- Any airfare.
- Any optional services.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found