Wadi Rum is a must-see in Jordan and a highlight on any Jordan itinerary. The desert of Wadi Rum is a protected area and a UNESCO world heritage site. It is a wonderful place that overwhelms with stunning views, gives…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Wadi Rum is a must-see in Jordan and a highlight on any Jordan itinerary. The desert of Wadi Rum is a protected area and a UNESCO world heritage site. It is a wonderful place that overwhelms with stunning views, gives insight into life of the locals and has plenty of activities to offer. We will start this tour near the Desert Highway. We will cycle along the main road towards the Wadi Rum visitor center and pass by the old train station built during the Ottoman empire. The Hejaz Railway ran from Damascus in Syria to Medina in Saudi Arabia, stopping at many stations in Jordan along the way. We will cross the tracks and also cycle nearby the old train station, where we can view old trains and take pictures.
After the visiting the train station, we continue our cycling tour along the street and turn South towards the Rum visitor center. To the left and the right, we will see more of the majestic mountain formations typical to Wadi Rum. The sand is colored between yellow and red and everything is glowing when the sun is setting. Wadi Rum offers both amazing sunrises and sunsets. You will see the colors changing with the sun rising or fading on the horizon. It is a magical play with light coloring the stones and the sand.
After arriving at the visitor center, we will go into the desert with a Jeep. We will stay overnight at a Bedouin camp, have the traditional Bedouin meal Zarb and have time to relax and turn away from the city life. Until now, the Bedouins of Wadi Rum still live their traditional lifestyle in tents and with limited amenities. You will have the chance to experience this life style and to enjoy the beauty and silence of Wadi Rum and its nature. There is barely a place that offers such an incredible star sky.
The next morning will be a possibility for a Jeep tour through Wadi Rum. This allows us to explore different popular sites of the protected desert. It includes natural bridges, ancient inscriptions as well as famous filming locations. After the Jeep tour we will go back to the Wadi Rum visitor center where our journey ends or you will continue to your next trip.
- Start point (Main street of wadi rum) Wadi Rum is a protected area covering 720 square kilometers of dramatic desert wilderness in the south of Jordan. Huge mountains of sandstone and granite emerge, sheer-sided, from wide sandy valleys to reach heights of 1700 meters and more. Narrow canyons and fissures cut deep into the mountains and many conceal ancient rock drawings etched by the people of the desert over millennia. Bedouin tribes still live among the mountains of Rum and their large goat-hair tents are a special feature of the landscape.
- Finish Point (Wadi Rum village ).
start our ride from the train station of the Ottoman empire which represents the period of the Arab revolt of 1916 Cycling towards Wadi Rum village, on flat and paved roads, enjoying the desert and sandstone mountains along the way!
- Meet & Assist at Amman Airport.
- Individual transfer from/to Amman Airport.
- Water Bottle
- Meals (as indicated)
- local English-speaking guide
- Cycling guide/mechanic for cycling days who cycles with the group.
- Support cycling truck for cycling days.
- Bike (Scott Aspect 740 27,5″ or Sub cross 30) and helmet hire on cycling days.
- Snack breaks on cycling days
- Accommodation as per itinerary, sharing in a twin room with another member of the group of the same gender. (A supplement applies for a single room, available on request).
- Airport drop off
- Tips for service providers (drivers, guides, camping/ hotel staff, etc.).
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol drinks.
- Visa fees
- Any airfare.
- Any optional services.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
No Details Found