Our tour starts at Mount Nebo, a sacred mountain, where Moses was granted a view of Jericho and Jerusalem, which can be seen from here on very clear days. Mount Nebo features an old church that has been beautifully restored…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Our tour starts at Mount Nebo, a sacred mountain, where Moses was granted a view of Jericho and Jerusalem, which can be seen from here on very clear days. Mount Nebo features an old church that has been beautifully restored and welcomes visitors again since October 2016. You can still see the old ruins below the modern extension of the building. Inside you will find a great combination of the original building with modern architecture using steel and wood. The most stunning part is the well preserved Byzantine Mosaics featuring maps, patterns, and animals.
From Mount Nebo, we will drive towards Madaba for some time before making our turn towards the Dead Sea. We will pass small villages and cycle in a green area. As we are cycling towards the lowest point on earth, we will mainly go downhill and on-road. The tour takes us along one of the scenic routes between Madaba and the Dead Sea which includes many interesting curves and magnificent views with the Dead Sea Valley and Palestine. Enjoy feeling a warm breeze while cycling downhill to the lowest point on earth.
Once we are at the North tip of the Dead Sea, we will cycle a short distance on the road close to the Dead Sea. You will be able to see the quiet sea and Palestine. There is only a slight increase in elevation and the ride is not too hard. We end our trip with an open view there before heading back with the bus.
- Start point (Mount Nebo) Mount Nebo is a sacred mountain in Jordan standing almost 1,000 meters high. The base of the mountain can be reached within 15 minutes by car from the center of Madaba. From the top of the mountain, visitors can see The Dead Sea, Bethlehem, and Jerusalem on a clear day.
- Finish Point (Dead Sea) the Dead Sea is an ideal location for rest and relaxation with biking and hiking aplenty. A holiday to the Dead Sea provides an idyllic alternative to the bustling cities, with plenty of things to do for those who seek a little adventure.
It’s an intermediate bike route, mostly downhills. The route will start from Mount to the Dead Sea through Auion al theeb (the wolf Eyes) village and mountains with an amazing panoramic view of the sea, this route is less traveled by cars and kind of a quite.
- Meet & Assist at Amman Airport.
- Individual transfer from/to Amman Airport.
- Water Bottle
- Meals (as indicated)
- local English-speaking guide
- Cycling guide/mechanic for cycling days who cycles with the group.
- Support cycling truck for cycling days.
- Bike (Scott Aspect 740 27,5″ or Sub cross 30) and helmet hire on cycling days.
- Snack breaks on cycling days
- Accommodation as per itinerary, sharing in a twin room with another member of the group of the same gender. (A supplement applies for a single room, available on request).
- Airport drop off
- Tips for service providers (drivers, guides, camping/ hotel staff, etc.).
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol drinks.
- Visa fees
- Any airfare.
- Any optional services.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
No Details Found