Our ride starts at Rajif Village, South of Petra in the center of Jordan. The starting point is located about 1600 meters above sea levels. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy some spectacular views of the Petra region and…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Our ride starts at Rajif Village, South of Petra in the center of Jordan. The starting point is located about 1600 meters above sea levels. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy some spectacular views of the Petra region and the Iron Tomb mountains before we start our ride. We will cycle off-road for the entire trip. We will pass Dlagha Village where, still up-to-date, Bedouins live in mostly traditional life-style.
Our ride will take us through the diverse and rough landscape in central Jordan. We will cycle mostly downhill with a few inclines in between. The nature on this trip is stunning and provides lots of opportunities to gaze around. It is a magical landscape unparalleled to anything else in Jordan.
We will end our ride with a stop at Mr. Abu Abbah, a local Bedouin who provides authentic experiences to his visitors. We will sip on Bedouin tea and enjoy a traditional Bedouin meal while sitting in his camp. It is a relaxing way to rest and take in the local traditions while revisiting the day.
- Start Al-Rajef village with the special panoramic view of petra and Iron Tomb mountains, It is situated at an altitude of approximately 1,600m above sea level, making it one of the major wind paths near the Jordan rift valley in the Ma’an Governorate on the Sharah highlands, located south of Amman.
- Finish at Mr. Abu Sabbah Beduin tent in Humaimeh al Abbassiah region which is known for being the stronghold of the Abbasid movement and as a starting point for their state. Where the Abbasid Mosque remains to this day as a clear milestone of that era.
It’s an intermediate bike route, with some major off-road downhill sections. The route will start from Al-Rajef village, after taking the bus up to the panoramic view of petra mountains, we ride off-road through the mountains, crossing Dlagha Village .to one of the still organic bedouins areas Humaimeh Abbassiah where we will meet Abu Sabbah the most famous guy who has developed a mix of beduin experiences activities for tourists at his camp enjoying a sip of tea and a great local cooked meal.
- Meet & Assist at Amman Airport.
- Individual transfer from/to Amman Airport.
- Water Bottle
- Meals (as indicated)
- local English-speaking guide
- Cycling guide/mechanic for cycling days who cycles with the group.
- Support cycling truck for cycling days.
- Bike (Scott Aspect 740 27,5″ or Sub cross 30) and helmet hire on cycling days.
- Snack breaks on cycling days
- Accommodation as per itinerary, sharing in a twin room with another member of the group of the same gender. (A supplement applies for a single room, available on request).
- Airport drop off
- Tips for service providers (drivers, guides, camping/ hotel staff, etc.).
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol drinks.
- Visa fees
- Any airfare.
- Any optional services.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
No Details Found