This trip takes us from the desert of Wadi Rum to Aqaba to cool down in the sea. Wadi Rum is without doubt one of the most beautiful places in Jordan. It is home to huge mountains of sandstone and…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This trip takes us from the desert of Wadi Rum to Aqaba to cool down in the sea. Wadi Rum is without doubt one of the most beautiful places in Jordan. It is home to huge mountains of sandstone and granite emerge, sheer-sided, from wide sandy valleys to reach heights of 1700 meters and more. The protected area has plenty of activities to offer. This ranges from soft activities such as star gazing, yoga, easy walks or Jeep tour to more adventurous ones such as rock climbing, riding a camel, flying in a hot air balloon or taking a quad tour.
However, cycling might not come to your mind at first. So let’s challenge that thought and take you on a cycling tour along desert paths. Start point for our trip is Wadi Rum an area covering 720 square kilometres of dramatic desert wilderness in the south of Jordan. Good news is, for pretty much all the trip we will ride downhill. We will cycle offroad for most of this trip. Our tour takes us along hard desert trails with a few soft sand passages. At some stage we will cross Tightens Village before we hit the main road to Aqaba. For the last part we descend on the asphalt road until reaching Jordan’s most Southern city at the gulf of Aqaba.
Aqaba is a popular tourist destination both for national and international visitors. It is known for a year around hot climate. Aqaba hosts a whole range of hotels and beach resorts that offer all sorts of water sports activities. This includes activities such as paragliding, jet-ski, glass-boat tours and many more. However, Aqaba is mostly known for being a great destination for divers of all levels. Aqaba offers excellent diving sites such as the Yamanieh coral reef in the Aqaba Marine Park, south of the city or the first Underwater Military Museum.
- Start point Wadi Rum a protected area covering 720 square kilometers of dramatic desert wilderness in the south of Jordan. Huge mountains of sandstone and granite emerge, sheer-sided, from wide sandy valleys to reach heights of 1700 meters and more.
- Finish Point (Aqaba) in Aqaba is a Jordanian port city on the Red Sea's Gulf of Aqaba. Inhabited since 4000 B.C., it's home to the Islamic-era Aqaba Fort. Its beach resorts are popular for windsurfing and other water sports, and the area is a top destination for scuba divers, with notable dive sites including the Yamanieh coral reef in the Aqaba Marine Park, south of the city.
It’s an intermediate bike route, Almost flat 90% off-Road with 10% On-Road. The route will start 10 km after Wadi Rum village, using the hard desert packed trails with spots of soft sand. Crossing tightens village with a 5km On-Road then continues Off-Road to reach the main road, and decent all the way to Aqaba.
- Meet & Assist at Amman Airport.
- Individual transfer from/to Amman Airport.
- Water Bottle
- Meals (as indicated)
- local English-speaking guide
- Cycling guide/mechanic for cycling days who cycles with the group.
- Support cycling truck for cycling days.
- Bike (Scott Aspect 740 27,5″ or Sub cross 30) and helmet hire on cycling days.
- Snack breaks on cycling days
- Accommodation as per itinerary, sharing in a twin room with another member of the group of the same gender. (A supplement applies for a single room, available on request).
- Airport drop off
- Tips for service providers (drivers, guides, camping/ hotel staff, etc.).
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol drinks.
- Visa fees
- Any airfare.
- Any optional services.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
No Details Found