Rajif Village is a small village near Taybah not far from Petra about 100 km North of Aqaba. The village is situated along the King’s Highway, Jordan’s most scenic route. From the Rajif Village our tour starts with an overlook…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Rajif Village is a small village near Taybah not far from Petra about 100 km North of Aqaba. The village is situated along the King’s Highway, Jordan’s most scenic route. From the Rajif Village our tour starts with an overlook from Robert’s rock, a Nabataean rock-cut tomb. You will cycle on road towards Wadi Araba. Although we mainly cycle downhill towards the valley, you will have some climbs in between. The road is a very remote, scenic ride far off the main traffic. It offers some stunning views of the mountains in the region and the desert alike.
The Wadi Araba is desert stretching about 150 km between the Dead Sea and Aqaba. Opposed to the Eastern stone desert, here you will encounter sand in all its colors between yellow and red. While descending towards Wadi Araba you will experience a temperature increase and feel the sparse, rough, and beautiful desert. With a bit of luck, you might come across local Bedouins and their camels. You will see some palm trees for sure, to make the picture complete.
This intermediate route in the center of Jordan rewards you with true and diverse landscapes unique for this region. It will challenge you as a cyclist and leave you with great memories and images. With some luck you get to see camels as well.
- Starting at (Al Tayba) located About 100 Km' north of Aqaba on the Jordanian 'Arava road there is an ancient pass to the summit of the Edom mountain range via Wadi Masoudah to Rajef about 15 Km south of Petra. On a hill north of the road, there is a lonely Nabataean rock-cut tomb called Robert’s rock
- Finish Point (Wadi Araba) Wadi Araba is a 150 kilometer stretch of land from the Dead Sea to Aqaba. The desert is part of the Great Rift Valley and - in Jordan - rises to heights of 450 meters and dips to less than 400 meters below sea level. You will encounter some semi-arid land as well as the classic desert sand dunes with palm trees.
It’s an intermediate bike route, with many uphills and downhills. The route will start from Al Taiba will take you through the mountains to Wadi Araba. The route leads through a panoramic view where the stunning views of the mountains, with a rolling up and down hills roads that will challenge you and reward you all the way towards Wadi Araba, there will a big chance of meeting local bedouins and their lovely camels!
- Meet & Assist at Amman Airport.
- Individual transfer from/to Amman Airport.
- Water Bottle
- Meals (as indicated)
- local English-speaking guide
- Cycling guide/mechanic for cycling days who cycles with the group.
- Support cycling truck for cycling days.
- Bike (Scott Aspect 740 27,5″ or Sub cross 30) and helmet hire on cycling days.
- Snack breaks on cycling days
- Accommodation as per itinerary, sharing in a twin room with another member of the group of the same gender. (A supplement applies for a single room, available on request).
- Airport drop off
- Tips for service providers (drivers, guides, camping/ hotel staff, etc.).
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol drinks.
- Visa fees
- Any airfare.
- Any optional services.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
No Details Found